For the second consecutive year, L3Harris will be included in the 2021 Bloomberg Gender-Equality Index (GEI). Companies included in the 2021 GEI have provided a comprehensive look at their investment in workplace gender equality and the communities in which they operate.
L3Harris was selected for scoring at or above a global threshold established by Bloomberg to reflect a high level of overall performance across the framework’s five pillars, which include: female leadership and talent pipeline, equal pay and gender pay parity, inclusive culture, sexual harassment policies and pro-women brand.
“Women face distinct challenges in the workplace," said Bill Brown, Chairman and CEO. "It's up to us to provide them with the necessary opportunities and support to ensure we continue building and enabling women leaders within L3Harris. It is important that we demonstrate – with authenticity – our commitment to gender equality, and continue building on our existing culture of inclusion."
As of 2020, 24% of L3Harris employees, 31% of executives and 33% of new college grads are women. As highlighted in the 2020 Diversity & Inclusion Annual Report, L3Harris is committed to ensuring equal representation of women at all levels of its business.
“It’s clear that there’s no one dimension to the women in our workforce,” said Pamela Schellar, L3Harris WE3 Employee Resource Group Chair. “We have thousands of women in different functions, levels and stages of life whom value different benefits. Whether it’s starting a family, needing help with childcare or taking advantage of our discretionary vacation policy, we are all provided opportunities to preserve our well-being and grow our professional careers at the same time.”
In the past year, L3Harris has taken the following actions both at work and in the community to support gender equity:
- Expanded focus on D&I through its CEO-led Diversity Council, which is made up of Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) sponsors and chairs, including the WE3 chair and sponsor.
- Hosted its inaugural Women’s Technology Conference and held 12 additional networking events for women across segments.
- Celebrated Women’s History Month in March by spotlighting our employees’ achievements in articles, photo galleries and on social media.
- Began covering infertility treatment through Cigna, rolled out backup childcare, expanded paid parental leave and implemented “Rethink,” which provides support and coaching to parents on concerns with behavioral issues or everyday childhood development areas.
- Sponsored the weVENTURE Virtual Impact Summit in August, which was attended by 100 female employees around the enterprise.
- Provided grants through the Social Impact Grant program to Foundation for Women Warriors in San Diego, CA and the Young Women’s College Prep Foundation in Rochester, NY.
Interested in a career at L3Harris? View job openings here.