For the eighth consecutive year, L3Harris has been recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work for LGBTQ+ Equality” by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC), receiving a perfect score of 100% on the 2022 Corporate Equality Index (CEI).
The HRC recently released the 2022 list, which rates companies based on LGBTQ+-related policies and practices, including non-discrimination workplace protections, domestic partner benefits, transgender-inclusive health care benefits, competency programs and public engagement with the LGBTQ+ community.
“We are honored to receive this recognition from the Human Rights Campaign,” said Christopher E. Kubasik, Vice Chair and CEO. “Through inclusive actions, we ensure that our LGBTQ+ employees’ voices are heard and that they are valued members of the L3Harris community. At the core of our values is the belief that every employee deserves a workplace where they feel safe and supported.”
In 2021, L3Harris took the following actions to support the LGBTQ+ community both at work and in local communities:
- Published the first enterprise-wide Transition Support Guidelines for managers and HR professionals. These guidelines aim to help leaders navigate an employee’s gender transition by providing appropriate support and resources.
- Launched the L3Harris Allyship Program in June to support the LGBTQ+ community. Over 1,000 employees pledged to contribute to L3Harris’ culture of inclusion by taking action to support the LGBTQ+ community.
- Added the option to include pronouns on employee signatures.
- Proudly flew the rainbow flag during Pride Month 2021 at locations across the country, including its Corporate Headquarters in Melbourne, Florida. L3Harris also changed its company logos on social media to the rainbow logo to show support during Pride Month and published an employee spotlight gallery honoring LGBTQ+ employees.
- Partnered with Out & Equal for their annual workplace summit, sponsoring a virtual career fair booth; members of the Pride Employee Resource Group (ERG) attended educational seminars.
- The L3Harris Pride ERG hosted LGBTQ+ and Transgender 101 Training workshops, which offered opportunities for employees to learn about issues that the LGBTQ+ workforce faces and enabled allies to become advocates for change.
The L3Harris Pride ERG takes an active role in driving an inclusive culture. The mission of Pride is to promote an inclusive, supportive and safe environment for all employees regardless of sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression in support of L3Harris’ commitment to global inclusion.