Founded in 1897, RES recognizes local engineers for outstanding community service. It also celebrates activities that promote engineering excellence and leadership in the Rochester area.
John Nieto, Senior Scientist and Senior Fellow from L3Harris Technologies, was selected as the 2021 Engineer of the Year.
Five L3Harris employees were honored as finalists for the 2021 Young Engineer of the Year Award:
- Sage Keefer, Senior Supervisor, Software Engineering
- Megan Smith, Specialist, Software Engineering
- Maura Chmielowiec, Senior Specialist, Systems Engineering
- Lydia Hays, Senior Associate, Software Engineering
- Joseph Majkowski, Lead Engineer, Antennas
Three additional L3Harris employees were selected as 2021 Engineers of Distinction:
- Jarrod Adams, Scientist, Electrical Engineering
- Jacob Hillmon, Scientist, Electrical Engineering – Multi-Channel Products
- Alan Pilecki, Director of Engineering & Chief Engineer, HF Products