The L3Harris NextGen Electronic Standby Instrument System is one of the most advanced standby instruments designed to mirror primary flight displays (PFDs) for airspeed, altitude, attitude and slip data in piston and turboprop aircraft, as well as light helicopter platforms. The compact unit is scalable and comes standard with altitude, attitude, slip/skid, vertical speed and aircraft track.
Options are available for the display of navigation information and Synthetic Vision (SynVis), including terrain and obstacles. Magnetic heading is an available option when coupled with the low cost and compact MAG-500 magnetometer. The ESI-500 is compatible with existing NAV radios and GPS hardware. Upon loss of power an internal lithium-ion battery pack automatically powers the unit and magnetometer without interruption.
- Mirrors PFD presenting attitude, altitude, airspeed and slip data
- Options for terrain, SynVis, obstacles, heading and navigation
- Internal lithium-ion battery offers uninterrupted flight data
- Low-cost, compact design for piston and turboprop aircraft
- High-resolution, 24-bit color display
- 3″ round case for easy installation into existing panel cutouts
- Airspeed awareness band highlights aircraft VNE and VMO cues