The global nature of our customer base demonstrates the confidence airlines have in the training delivered. Our courses provide quality, flexibility, reliability, and value all with the goal of enhancing aviation safety.
The Type Rating Course aims to provide a qualified pilot with the required license and ratings needed to operate a specific aircraft platform. By working closely with partner airlines, L3Harris ensures that trainees receive tailored training based on the airlines operating procedures, helping to create a smooth transition to flight operations and minimize the need for additional training.
The ground training phase of the course gives trainees the necessary theoretical knowledge and confidence required to progress to the simulator training phases. This phase is delivered via classroom based lessons and supported with computer based training (CBT) which can be provided by either the airline or L3Harris.
The course employs blended delivery techniques to ensure that periods of CBT are broken at regular intervals by instructor input and VFD/FPT training, preventing long periods of learning without instructor direction. A Technical Instructor is available at any time to answer trainee questions and provide supplementary support as required.
Monitoring of course performance at examinations and during subsequent training phases ensure the trainee receives the support required to achieve the desired success for this demanding training.
The simulator phase of each course is delivered on L3Harris’ fleet of state-of-the-art RealitySeven full flight simulators.
Training includes UPRT, PBN, and Instrument Rating
In addition, the following can be included:
• Airline operator proficiency checks (OPC)
• Low visibility operations (LVO)
• Extended twin operations (ETOPS) training
Depending on your requirements the course provides options to include zero flight time training (ZFTT) or take-off and landing training (base training) and operational proficiency checks (OPC).
• Boeing 737
• Boeing 757
• Boeing 767
• Boeing 787
• Airbus A319
• Airbus A320
• Airbus A321
• Airbus A330
Applicants for the first type rating course for a multi-pilot aeroplane must be a student pilot currently undergoing training on an MPL training course or comply with the below requirements.
- have at least 70 hours of flight experience as PIC on aeroplanes;
- hold or have held a multi-engine IR(A);
- have passed the ATPL(A) theoretical knowledge examinations in accordance with Annex 1 Part FCL; and except when the type rating course is combined with an MCC course:
- hold a certificate of satisfactory completion of an MCC course in aeroplanes; or
- hold a certificate of satisfactory completion of MCC in helicopters and have more than 100 hours of flight experience as a pilot on multi-pilot helicopters; or
- have at least 500 hours as a pilot on multi-pilot helicopters; or
- have at least 500 hours as a pilot in multi-pilot operations on single- pilot multi-engine aeroplanes, in commercial air transport in accordance with the applicable air operations requirements.
Make an inquiry
Please complete the form below to contact the team for more information on our Type Rating course.