The S161, S162 and S261 Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) Control Units, designed to work in tandem with L3Harris CVRs, all share key performance characteristics with two notable configuration differences. The S161 uses an external cockpit area microphone while the S162 includes an integrated microphone. The S261 functionality is the same as the S161 in a reduced height ‘slim line’ form factor. Each control unit is compliant with current standards and specifications and are compatible with legacy CVRs.
Control Unit highlights
- CVR ‘Push to Test’ and ERASE switches
- ‘Test Good’ LED indicator lamp
- Audio Monitor Output headphone jack
- Standard Dzus fastener panel mounting
- Multiple configurations and colors; optional illuminated face plate
Compliance and compatibility
- Control Unit is compatible with L3Harris S056 and S058 family of Cockpit Area Microphones
- Form factors comply with ARINC 757 characteristics
- Fully compliant with EUROCAE ED-56A and ED-112
- Compatible with all L3Harris legacy CVRs
- Approved to FAA TSO-C123a/b
MAKE AN INQUIRY
Please complete the form below to contact our team.
We value your interest and our goal is to be respectful of your time by responding to your inquiry in the most efficient way possible.
To gain access to the latest technical publications, service bulletins and other pertinent information about your recorders or other L3Harris devices, operators and authorized repair facilities need to register with our technical support organization for the online library.
Phone & AOG hotline: +1 (321) 674-4900
Cage Code / Federal Supply Code: 25583
Facility / Shipping / Mailing address:
5353 52nd Street, S.E.
Grand Rapids, MI 49512-9704 USA
Order administration / Sales / General inquiries:
Phone: +1 (616) 949-6600
Repair and overhaul administration:
Phone: +1 (321) 674-4900
Fax: +1 (616) 977-6895
For service repair (Part 145) returned material authorizations (RMA): Visit RMA website