Thank you for placing your trust in L3Harris to help meet your mission-critical needs. We remain committed to our customers and maintaining business continuity. Any customer questions regarding current or potential future impact may be submitted here, or reference our Customer FAQs.
L3Harris is offering its BeOn software application for free to healthcare and public safety workers, allowing users to turn their smartphones, laptops and other devices into an encrypted public safety radio – enabling immediate communications to individuals or large talk groups. Read more on how this service assists healthcare and public safety responders combating COVID-19 here.
L3Harris issued more than $100 million in accelerated payments to small business suppliers nationwide – supporting companies that play a critical role in sustaining regional economies and ensuring the nation’s security. Read more about L3Harris support of its global supply chain here.
We are also working with all L3Harris suppliers to complete a COVID-19 Supply Risk Assessment for any potential delivery risks, including sub-tier supplier issues. Any supply chain questions regarding current or potential future impact may be submitted here, or reference our Supplier FAQs.
L3Harris is contributing $2 million and providing additional equipment and resources to organizations involved in COVID-19 relief and recovery efforts around the world. L3Harris is providing funds to COVID-19 Response and Recovery Funds administered by local United Way agencies and the American Red Cross, as well as providing a 2x match to employee designated gifts to these and other organizations. The funds support initiatives globally, with special emphasis on regions where L3Harris has a significant presence. Read more about L3Harris relief and recovery efforts here.
L3Harris is committed to keeping our employees informed on the latest COVID-19 developments as they impact our company. As an L3Harris employee, you have access to a large repository of information located on the company’s intranet that includes guidance for protecting our employees during the pandemic, L3Harris travel restrictions, visitor restrictions to our facilities, health and safety guidance from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the World Health Organization, and Employee FAQs. If you have any further questions on COVID-19's impact, submit them here.
To protect our employees, we continue to implement rigorous safety procedures – enabling 50% of employees to work from home; instituting stringent hygiene protocols (such as increased cleaning, daily health pre-screening, onsite temperature checks and mandatory use of PPE), redesigning work spaces to ensure social distancing and staggering work shifts where critical work is underway; and eliminating travel and attendance at external events. In addition, we’ve activated a relief fund for employees who may have experienced an unexpected financial burden. We provide back-up childcare services, an employee assistance program, a paid time off policy, and other services.
Prospective Employees/New Hires
L3Harris has hired more than 2,500 new employees in 2020, and our business continues to grow and needs talented new team members. We are closely monitoring COVID-19 and modifying our recruitment and onboarding practices based on recommendations from the CDC. This includes video interviews as well as virtual new hire onboarding processes for those whose jobs can be performed remotely. New information has been added to our new hire onboarding process that details the extensive actions L3Harris has taken to protect our employees.
Travel remains for business-critical purposes only and where virtual interactions are not practical. Business-critical travel must be approved by two levels of management for air travel: the traveler’s manager and the traveler’s second level manager prior to booking travel. Two levels of approval are only required for travel itineraries that involve air travel; other modes of transit do not require two levels of approval.
In addition to requiring that visits to our facilities be for business-critical purposes only and requiring visitors to complete a health assessment prior to entering – visitors who have traveled via commercial air in the prior 14 days will not be allowed to enter our facilities without segment president approval.
Below are standard health and safety practices we strongly encourage all employees to follow:
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with a 60% alcohol content-based hand gel or wash them with soap and water for a minimum of 20 seconds.
- Practice social distancing by maintaining at least 2 meters (6 feet) distance between yourself and others and avoid large gatherings of people. Do not share food or drinks.
- Wear face coverings in all common areas including but not limited to parking lots, when entering and exiting facilities, hallways, stairwells, elevators, breakrooms, conference rooms, smoking areas and restrooms. When in doubt, wear a face covering.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then, dispose of the used tissue immediately.
- Stay home if you feel unwell. If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention and call your healthcare provider in advance.
- The World Health Organization
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control & Prevention
- The U.K. National Health Service
- Health Canada
- Australian Government Department of Health
- The South Korea Ministry of Health & Welfare
- The Italian Ministry of Health
- The Japanese Ministry of Health
- The Singapore Ministry of Health
- The Chinese National Health Commission