The FA5300 provides a highly dependable and configurable high-speed recording and data storage unit that provides operators with the ability to customize data acquisition and inputs and outputs specific to each individual aircraft and optional voice recording capability. Offering 2 hours of audio recorders and 25 hours of flight date recording, the FA53000 provides greater than 25,000 MTBF, reducing operational costs and repairs to a minimum. The MADAS family provides operators with the ability to quickly download and analyze flight data for safety and preventative maintenance investigations, enabling operators to analyze Flight Data Monitoring (FDM)/ Flight Operations Quality Assurance (FOQA) supporting airlines Standard Operating Procedures (SOP).
- Tailors data acquisition to each aircraft
- Provides flight data acquisition with data recording and optional voice recording via a single LRU
- Meets needs of both civil and military operators
- Designed for high-performance aircraft and specialized applications, L3Harris' FA5300 MADRAS provides high-speed recording or data and audio critical for reports and flight assessments
- The FA5300 records up to 2,048 words-per-second (wps) for a minimum of 25 hours, and has the capability to record four channels of high-quality audio for up to two hours. In addition, the FA5300 is able to record data over the ARINC 664 bus
- Control units, microphones, accelerometers and installation accessories are also available for aircraft in need of tailored recording solutions
- The MADAS family provides operators with the ability to quickly download and analyze flight data for safety and preventative maintenance investigations. The units share the same common ground support equipment as the FA2100 Cockpit Voice Recorder (CVR) and Flight Data Recorder (FDR). This data helps accident investigators as well as provides thousands of parameters of data able for Flight Data Monitoring (FDM)/ Flight Operations Quality Assurance (FOQA) supporting airlines Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
|PHYSICAL||Height: 6.57 in. (167 mm)
Width: 5.0 in. (12.70 cm)
Depth: 12.23 in. (310.6 mm)
Weight: 8.5 lb. (3.9 kg); add 1.7 lbs. (0.8 kg) with RIPS
|POWER||Requirements: 28 VDC|
|RECORDING||Time 25 hrs. of flight data storage (minimum) and 120 min. high-quality audio
Channels: 4 audio input channels, 1 data link channel and up to 64 virtual links over the ARINC 664 bus
|CONNECTORS||Main: Three MIL-DTL38999 connectors|
|ENVIRONMENTAL||Temperature: Operating -55 °C to +70 °C / Non-operating -55 °C to +85 °C
Altitude: Operating: -1,000 ft. to 55,000 ft
Vibration: Standard and robust levels
Penetration: ED-112: 500 lb./10 ft./¼-in. probe
Static Crush: ED-112: 5,000 lb.
Fire Protection: ED-112: 50,000 BTU/sq. ft./hr. for 60 min. at 1100 °C; 10 hrs. at 260 °C
Impact: ED-112: 3,400 G, 6.5 ms, half sine shock wave
|CERTIFICATIONS||Product: FAA TSO-C121, C123b, C124b, C155a and C177
Company: ISO 9001:2008 and AS9100:2009 Rev. C Certified
|SPECIFICATIONS||Regulatory: EUROCAE MOPS, ED-112, RTCA/DO-160G, RTCA/DO-178B, DO-254
Industry: ARINC 429, 664, 717, 747, 757, 757A
Underwater Acoustic Beacon: Six-year battery and bracket supplied with unit
Data Acquisition Channel Options:
*Analog, Discrete, Synchro and Frequency channels share configurable inputs.
MAKE AN INQUIRY
Please complete the form below to contact our team.
We value your interest and our goal is to be respectful of your time by responding to your inquiry in the most efficient way possible.
To gain access to the latest technical publications, service bulletins and other pertinent information about your recorders or other L3Harris devices, operators and authorized repair facilities need to register with our technical support organization for the online library.
Phone & AOG hotline: +1 (321) 674-4900
Cage Code / Federal Supply Code: 25583
Facility / Shipping / Mailing address:
5353 52nd Street, S.E.
Grand Rapids, MI 49512-9704 USA
Order administration / Sales / General inquiries:
Phone: +1 (616) 949-6600
Repair and overhaul administration:
Phone: +1 (321) 674-4900
Fax: +1 (616) 977-6895
For service repair (Part 145) returned material authorizations (RMA): Visit RMA website