- Orion has been optimized for operation in challenging shallow-water environments to detect and track submarines with low target strengths.
- Orion is a compact, lightweight sonar with a small deck footprint; it’s easy to install and cross-deck onto almost all small boats, manned or unmanned.
- Orion primarily uses COTS components, resulting in a low-cost, easy-to-maintain sonar system.
- The system uses two parallel short receive arrays for instantaneous ambiguity resolution of the active signals and passive detections. This provides the signal discrimination performance of a much larger array in a compact, maneuverable package.
- Orion’s processing and display units use the latest open-architecture technology, making manned, remote control, or automated operations efficient and effective.
- Modern processing and display capabilities allow easy operation with minimal training.
- Affordable initial cost and low-cost operation ensure a cost-effective solution for years to come.