100 Percent Mission Success
- More than 800 years of cumulative on-orbit operations
- More than 40 years of experience developing GPS technologies
Today, L3Harris is involved in GPS modernization initiatives. We are building tomorrow's GPS III satellite constellation by developing and integrating advanced navigation and timing payload technologies. We will improve positioning, navigation, and timing services, while utilizing our advanced anti-jam capabilities. This next generation of GPS will provide superior system security, greater accuracy, and even better reliability for military and civilian users worldwide. Harris is developing and integrating the navigation payloads for eight GPS IIIA satellites.
- Three times more accurate than current GPS
- Eight times improved anti-jamming capabilities
- Enhanced performance from a boost in transmitter power
- Command and control for simultaneous updates to the entire constellation of satellites from a single ground station
- Operational for 15 years and beyond—25% longer than Block IIF satellites
L3Harris developed payloads for the Air Force's operational Block I, II, IIA, and Block IIR replacement payloads. The Block IIR/IIR-M Total Navigation Payload was designed to meet the rigors of space and operate in a radiation contaminated environment, currently it provides precise three-dimensional position, time, and velocity information on a 24-hour worldwide basis.