A minesweeping system with an acoustic generator that mimics a ship's machinery or equipment
MOLS uses exposed electrodes on a sweep cable that emit current through the seawater to produce magnetic and electric signatures. An acoustic generator produces broadband noise, similar to a ship’s machinery or equipment, such as a propeller.
An expeditionary minesweeping system with the ability to deploy quickly
MOLS is comprised of a lightweight power generation module, a two-electrode sweep array, an acoustic sweep system, an onboard winch and a launch and retrieval (L&R) system. The system is designed for reliable, cost effective operation using proven technologies and environmentally compliant components. MOLS is an expeditionary system with the ability to deploy quickly while en route to the minefield. As the system approaches the operational area, the acoustic generator is launched via the launch and recovery device. The sweep cable is then deployed from the winch and sweep operations can commence.
A simple and reliable minesweeping system requiring minimal deck handling equipment
MOLS uses the power generation module to energize open loop coaxial sweep electrodes which generate magnetic and electric fields using sea water as the return circuit. Weighing approximately 4,000 pounds in an expeditionary configuration, the MOLS is a simple and reliable system requiring minimal deck handling equipment to facilitate stream and recover.
- Operates in target simulation mode and mine setting mode to maximize flexibility
- Magnetic, electric and acoustic sweep capability allows planners to identify the right sweep and adjust in real time
- Low system weight gives greater endurance and maximum on-station time
- Design is unmanned craft-focused which simplifies integration with host platform
- Minimal deck handling equipment means smaller footprint on USV
- Mine sweeping equipment streams without aid from mother ship allowing greater stand-off from the minefield
|Hardware Item||Qty||Size (in)||Weight (lbs)||Power||Cooling|
|Power generation module (PGM)||1||34||67||51||1,600||N/A||2,000||12/24||DC-In||Seawater|
|Acoustic influence generator||1||70||23||32||90||-10||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Power feed cables from PGM to winch||2||60||2||2||10||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Ethernet cables from PGM to winch||2||60||.5||.5||1||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|
|Motor control cable from winch to L&R||1||60||1||1||5||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A||N/A|