HMS systems are designed to provide a standoff capability with excellent shallow-water performance against any threat.
Multiple transmission parameters combined with sensitive receivers and optimum signal processing allows maximum target information to be extracted from the acoustic environment.
- Scalable architecture and array size allows navies to choose the system that matches mission requirements
- Active sonar operates in three frequency bands permitting multiple systems to operate in close proximity
- Commercial off-the-shelf components and open system architecture minimizes costs
- Combined frequency modulation and continuous wave transmission optimizes sonar coverage for both slow and fast targets
- Mine and obstacle detection allows rapid transition to close-in threats
- Maintenance of close contact feature provides the ability to maintain contact at close range
- Creates a comprehensive view of the sonar picture, combat management system information and common tactical picture on a single display
- Offers additional operator selectable sonar displays
- Integrates all data coming from networked platforms and sensors
- Provides full authority undersea warfare track management and fully-integrated weapon control to the operator, such as torpedo fire control
- Displays overlays of bottom topography, water depth and acoustic performance conditions
- Produces torpedo alerts and mine avoidance data
L3Harris also offers shore-based sonar training.