Weapon Handling System and Storage System
L3Harris' wide experience in Weapon Handling Systems (WHS) led to several modular designs tuned to satisfy a wide range of customer requirements.
Tailored to customer needs, our WHS can meet the most exacting requirements and can be operated manually, remotely or automatically, allowing fast loading/unloading operations without risk for personnel and material.
The system includes storage equipment and all the loading unloading devices/subsystems to transfer the weapon from the storage position to its launching device.
We design weapon storage position to protect the weapons and assure the availability even after a shock event. Operational capabilities reach up to sea state 5.
Other equipment such as launcher rails, electrically powered transport dolly, storage special fittings are available.
- Fully automatic, remote and manual control available
- Weapon continuously restrained throughout the entire operation
- Fail to safe system
- Modular design easy adjustable to customer specific requirements
- Short reloading time
- Multiple weapon simultaneous handling
- Safety device available in case of missile accidental firing and warhead ignition
- Shock qualified design
Available designs for:
- NATO-compatible lightweight torpedoes; e.g., MK46, MK54 and MU90, etc.
- Air-to-surface missiles; e.g., AGM114 Hellfire and Marte MK2, etc.
- Heavyweight torpedoes
- Decoy rockets
Weapon Handling Systems and Storage Systems for Surface Combatants Gallery
Weapon Handling System 1
Weapon Handling System 2