The shallow draft and maneuverability capabilities make the C-Cat 3 ideal for operating in areas otherwise inaccessible to manned vessels. As well as operating as a standalone survey platform, the C-Cat 3 can be a complementary asset to existing survey methods and used alongside a manned vessel.
Main features include:
- Well-suited to Unmanned Underwater Vehicle (UUV) locating and tracking in applications such as pipeline survey.
- Can carry out a full day of standard operations from a single battery charge. For more substantial operations, the batteries can be quickly changed without powering down the system.
- Quick to mobilize and easily launched via a slipway or overhead lift.
- Have been deployed in operations all over the world for tasks including hydrographic survey, above-water mapping, UUV locating and tracking, and acoustic communication.
- Operates using the ASView autonomous control system. It can be controlled manually or to follow pre-programmed routes that can be updated at any point through an easy to use PC based graphical user interface.
- Control modes include waypoint and line following, heading and track hold, station keeping and remote control.
- ASView features standard S57 navigational charts with the ability to import files such as geotiff and .dxf survey lines.
The optional enhanced communications and situational awareness suite gives the C-Cat 3 an extended range of operation and the ability to operate in situations with reduced visibility.
Available for lease and purchase.