MISSION & PLATFORMS
An Ideal Targeting Solution for: Long-Range, High-Altitude, Target Acquisition and Designation missions
Airborne Installations: Fixed-wing, UAV, Aerostat
Multi-Sensor Imaging/Laser Payload Options
- Currently supports up to seven sensors simultaneously
- Superior HD imaging resolution from Electro-Optical (EO) and Infrared (IR) cameras
- Long-range Target Illumination, Pointing, Range-Finding and Designating
- Short Wave IR imaging required for laser spot imaging enhances haze penetration and target contrast
Laser Spot Tracker (LST)
- Compatible with standard U.S. and NATO designator codes
- Automatically detects a designator spot of a given code in its field-of-view
- automatically slews the system’s line-of-sight to the laser energy
Dual-channel daylight and EMCCD low-light EO wide-angle zoom
- EMCCD low-light imaging capability – wide-angle zoom sensor
- Enhances situational awareness under a wide range of illumination conditions
Advanced Image Processing
- Real-time image enhancement for EO day, EO night and Infrared IR
- Increased stand-off range
- Improved feature detection and recognition
- High-performance haze penetration
Laser Target Designator
- Compact, efficient and reliable diode-pumped laser
- IMU-inside technology & exceptional EO/IR sensor range achieves unparalleled designating ranges
- Designator electronics package is incorporated into the turret payload
High-Performance MX-GEO Software Suite
- Achieves the highest target location accuracy
- Automatic Video-Tracking and GEO-Tracking provides robust target tracking
- WESCAM MX-GEO automatically aligns to the aircraft
- Robust automatic image focus
- Five-axis gimbal with internal IMU
- All payloads are fully stabilized
- NAV-grade IMU enhances target location accuracy
- Common operator interfaces and Line Replaceable Units (LRUs)
- Simplified interchangeability
- Efficiencies in product support and technology enhancements
- Ease and familiarity of use
About WESCAM MX™-Series Airborne Targeting Solutions
L3Harris’ designating systems enables teams to dominate the battlefield 24/7, with greater precision than ever before. Field proven, with extensive deployment, their WESCAM MX-Series designating systems offer “plug-and-play” installation, and high-sensitivity multi-spectral sensors for day, low-light and night-time missions. High mean-time-between-failures are achieved through a diode-pumped laser target designator, and systems offer precise geo-pointing technologies for hands-free simplicity regardless of aircraft movement or obstructions. The capability is here. Now is the time to invest in visual technologies that dominate enemy operations.
WESCAM MX-Series Systems
WESCAM MX-Series Customer Care Eco-System
L3Harris continues to invest heavily in customer care, in-service support solutions and product development. Certified to AS 9100 and ISO 9001 standards, L3Harris’ practices and products have achieved a standard of quality that is recognized and respected globally.
It’s a network designed to increase operational availability and minimize repair turn-around time, reduce total cost of ownership and minimize administrative delays. Learn how WESCAM MX Series systems are supported globally. Download information on how and where to maintain WESCAM MX systems. Explore WESCAM MX Service plans and upgrade opportunities.
WESCAM MX-SERIES SERVICE COMPONENTS, SPARE UNITS AND UPGRADES
Providing you with tailored service and support packages that address your individual needs.
SUPPORTING WESCAM MX-SERIES SYSTEMS. GLOBAL MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR LOCATIONS
L3Harris invests heavily in its customer care ecosystem – a network designed to increase operational availability, minimize repair turnaround time, reduce total cost of ownership and minimize administrative delays.
A LOOK INSIDE A WESCAM MX-SERIES AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTER
With thousands of L3Harris WESCAM Systems worldwide, WESCAM Authorized Service Centers increase operational availability and shorten turn around time by providing in-region, advanced service level support for all MX™-Series EO IR surveillance and targeting systems deployed across air, land and maritime environments.
WESCAM MX-Series Training and Simulation
Press release | 07. 21. 2020
L3Harris Technologies Completes Delivery on its 5,000th WESCAM MX™-Series Imaging System to the US Navy
L3Harris has completed delivery of its 5,000th WESCAM MX-Series imaging system since launching the product line in 1997.