MISSION & PLATFORMS
An Ideal System for: Gunner Sight, Commander Sight, Situational Awareness missions.
Ground Installations: Infantry Fighting Vehicles (IFVs), Main Battle Tanks (MBTs).
As a Gunner Sight
The WESCAM MX-GCS can identify threats beyond the range of the vehicle’s weapon system, allowing for standoff distance engagements at maximum effective ranges.
As a Commander Sight
The WESCAM MX-GCS provides vehicle commanders the ability to scan for, identify and track targets (Hunter) independent of the gunner system, hand-off identified threats between target acquisition systems (Killer) or fire weapons autonomously from the commander position.
Enhance Your Situational Awareness
- 360 degree scanning capability independent of the gun turret axis
- Integrate a series of high-performing sensors for optimal visibility, day and night
- Mid-wave large-format cooled thermal imager
- High-Definition (HD) daylight imaging sensor
- Eyesafe Laser Rangefinder
Reduce Your Detection Time
- Real-time image enhancement of all sensors
- High-performance haze penetration
- Improved feature recognition and identification
- Image blending – combine day and infrared night images into a single image stream, affording the operator the benefits of both
Uncompromised Sighting and Firing Efficiency
- Fully active gimbal stabilizes and steers the imager and rangefinder’s line-of-sight in azimuth and elevation
- High-accuracy gimbal position feedback for target handoff applications
- High-boresight accuracy and retention
- Target auto-tracking facility – use high-speed or stationary mission profiles
- Armor accessory – protects against small arms fire
- Proven – live fire tested with 30mm and 105mm gun systems
Fully Integrated for Installation Simplicity
- Integrated electronics
- Interfaces to dual-channel gun resolver
- High-vibration / shock suppression and positional accuracy for gun sight applications
- Qualified to U.S. Military standards for environmental and electromagnetic compliance
- Reliability assured by accelerated life testing
About WESCAM MX-Series Independent Stabilized Sighting Systems
L3Harris offers Reconnaissance, Surveillance and Target Acquisition (RSTA) solutions for today's intense Combat Force-Protection and Hunter-Killer mission profiles. Vehicular and stationary configurations that include mast mounts have been designed with the stabilization levels, passive isolation, and high optical-magnification levels. HD resolution and 360° vantage points enable long-range covert missions while stationary or on-the-move, simultaneously providing wide field-of-view situational awareness for combating urban and asymmetric threats. Solutions incorporate battle-proven WESCAM MX-Series EO/IR imaging technology and operate flawlessly in extreme temperatures, at excessive speed and varying altitudes, and within the harshest environments, including those with intensive dirt, dust and smoke. Rely on L3Harris to dominate all levels of the battlefield, significantly increase vehicle survivability, crew protection and mission success.
WESCAM MX-GCS Image and Video Gallery
WESCAM MX-Series Systems
WESCAM MX-Series Customer Care Eco-System
L3Harris continues to invest heavily in customer care, in-service support solutions and product development. Certified to AS 9100 and ISO 9001 standards, L3Harris’ practices and products have achieved a standard of quality that is recognized and respected globally.
It’s a network designed to increase operational availability and minimize repair turn-around time, reduce total cost of ownership and minimize administrative delays. Learn how WESCAM MX Series systems are supported globally. Download information on how and where to maintain WESCAM MX systems. Explore WESCAM MX Service plans and upgrade opportunities.
WESCAM MX-SERIES SERVICE COMPONENTS, SPARE UNITS AND UPGRADES
Providing you with tailored service and support packages that address your individual needs.
SUPPORTING WESCAM MX-SERIES SYSTEMS. GLOBAL MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR LOCATIONS
L3Harris invests heavily in its customer care ecosystem – a network designed to increase operational availability, minimize repair turnaround time, reduce total cost of ownership and minimize administrative delays.
A LOOK INSIDE A WESCAM MX-SERIES AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTER
With thousands of L3Harris WESCAM Systems worldwide, WESCAM Authorized Service Centers increase operational availability and shorten turn around time by providing in-region, advanced service level support for all MX™-Series EO IR surveillance and targeting systems deployed across air, land and maritime environments.
Trade Release | 07. 20. 2021
L3Harris Technologies to Deliver WESCAM MX-GCS Sighting Systems for U.S. Army M-SHORAD Increment 1 Program
L3Harris Technologies received a contract from Moog, Inc. (NYSE: MOG.A and MOG.B) to procure 33 WESCAM MX™-GCS sighting systems in support of the U.S. Army’s Maneuver Short-Range Air Defense Increment 1 (M-SHORAD Inc.1) program.