MISSION & PLATFORMS
An Ideal Surveillance Solution for: High-Altitude, Long-Endurance Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance missions
Airborne Installations: Fixed-wing, UAV, Aerostat
Multi-Sensor Imaging/Laser Payload Options
- Currently supports up to six sensors simultaneously
- Superior HD imaging resolution from Electro-Optical (EO) and Infrared (IR) cameras
- Long-range target Illumination, Pointing and Range-Finding
- Dual-channel daylight and EMCCD low-light EO wide-angle zoom
- EMCCD low-light imaging capability is added to the wide-angle zoom sensor
- This enhances situational awareness under a wide range of illumination conditions
Advanced Image Processing
- Real-time image enhancement for EO day, EO night and Infrared IR
- Increased stand-off range
- Improved feature detection and recognition
- High-performance haze penetration
- High-Performance WESCAM MX-GEO software suite
- Achieves the highest target location accuracy
- Automatic video-Tracking and GEO-Tracking provides robust target tracking
- WESCAM MX-GEO automatically aligns to the aircraft
- Robust automatic image focus
- Five-axis gimbal with internal IMU
- All payloads are fully stabilized
WESCAM MX-Series Commonality
- Common operator interfaces and Line Replaceable Units (LRUs)
- Simplified interchangeability
- Efficiencies in product support and technology enhancements
- Ease and familiarity of use
About WESCAM MX-Series Airborne Surveillance and Reconnaissance Solutions
L3Harris has an airborne portfolio of multi-sensor, multi-spectral systems that are deployed worldwide, at varying ranges, and with overlapping fields-of-view, creating the opportunity for uninterrupted surveillance of borders, forward operating bases, airfields and other vital assets. These imaging and targeting systems can be found on over 230 different types of platforms, including fixed-wing, rotor-wing, UAV and aerostat platforms.
Within our product portfolio is a series of systems that encourage ease and familiarity of use, simplified turret interchangeability within fleets, efficiencies in technology enhancements and overall system support. Featuring common electronics and cabling, common user interfaces and video overlays, and common software and internal components, this family is known as the WESCAM MX-Series.
Because today’s mission requirements demand identification and designation from longer standoff ranges, WESCAM MX-Series products have been engineered to focus on the three factors that drive Maximum Range: resolution, magnification and stabilization. As a result, each WESCAM MX-Series turret has outperformed its major competitor in every performance area, giving the Series the longest EO/IR target identification and designating ranges in the industry (in each class size).
WESCAM MX-Series Systems
WESCAM MX-Series Customer Care Eco-System
L3Harris continues to invest heavily in customer care, in-service support solutions and product development. Certified to AS 9100 and ISO 9001 standards, L3Harris’ practices and products have achieved a standard of quality that is recognized and respected globally.
It’s a network designed to increase operational availability and minimize repair turn-around time, reduce total cost of ownership and minimize administrative delays. Learn how WESCAM MX Series systems are supported globally. Download
WESCAM MX-SERIES SERVICE COMPONENTS, SPARE UNITS AND UPGRADES
Providing you with tailored service and support packages that address your individual needs.
SUPPORTING WESCAM MX-SERIES SYSTEMS. GLOBAL MAINTENANCE AND REPAIR LOCATIONS
L3Harris invests heavily in its customer care ecosystem – a network designed to increase operational availability, minimize repair turnaround time, reduce total cost of ownership and minimize administrative delays.
A LOOK INSIDE A WESCAM MX-SERIES AUTHORIZED SERVICE CENTER
With thousands of L3Harris WESCAM Systems worldwide, WESCAM Authorized Service Centers increase operational availability and shorten turn around time by providing in-region, advanced service level support for all MX™-Series EO IR surveillance and targeting systems deployed across air, land and maritime environments.
WESCAM Mx-Series Training and Simulation
Providing a broad range of multi-domain intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance mission solutions in support of key decision makers across air, land and maritime domains.
Editorial | 02. 11. 2021
L3Harris’ In-Flight EO/IR Training Transforms and Develops Highly Skilled Operators
Safety is the primary requirement of the aerospace sector. L3Harris’ In-Flight Training transforms and develops highly skilled WESCAM MX™-Series operators from the ground up.