MISSION & PLATFORMS
An Ideal System for: Gunner Sight, Commander Sight, Situational Awareness missions.
Ground Installations: Infantry Fighting Vehicles (IFVs), Main Battle Tanks (MBTs).
As a Gunner Sight
The WESCAM MX-GCS can identify threats beyond the range of the vehicle’s weapon system, allowing for standoff distance engagements at maximum effective ranges.
As a Commander Sight
The WESCAM MX-GCS provides vehicle commanders the ability to scan for, identify and track targets (Hunter) independent of the gunner system, hand-off identified threats between target acquisition systems (Killer) or fire weapons autonomously from the commander position.
Enhance Your Situational Awareness
- 360 degree scanning capability independent of the gun turret axis
- Integrate a series of high-performing sensors for optimal visibility, day and night
- Mid-wave large-format cooled thermal imager
- High-Definition (HD) daylight imaging sensor
- Eyesafe Laser Rangefinder
Reduce Your Detection Time
- Real-time image enhancement of all sensors
- High-performance haze penetration
- Improved feature recognition and identification
- Image blending – combine day and infrared night images into a single image stream, affording the operator the benefits of both
Uncompromised Sighting and Firing Efficiency
- Fully active gimbal stabilizes and steers the imager and rangefinder’s line-of-sight in azimuth and elevation
- High-accuracy gimbal position feedback for target handoff applications
- High-boresight accuracy and retention
- Target auto-tracking facility – use high-speed or stationary mission profiles
- Armor accessory – protects against small arms fire
- Proven – live fire tested with 30mm and 105mm gun systems
Fully Integrated for Installation Simplicity
- Integrated electronics
- Interfaces to dual-channel gun resolver
- High-vibration / shock suppression and positional accuracy for gun sight applications
- Qualified to U.S. Military standards for environmental and electromagnetic compliance
- Reliability assured by accelerated life testing
About WESCAM MX-Series Independent Stabilized Sighting Systems
L3Harris offers Reconnaissance, Surveillance and Target Acquisition (RSTA) solutions for today's intense Combat Force-Protection and Hunter-Killer mission profiles. Vehicular and stationary configurations that include mast mounts have been designed with the stabilization levels, passive isolation, and high optical-magnification levels. HD resolution and 360° vantage points enable long-range covert missions while stationary or on-the-move, simultaneously providing wide field-of-view situational awareness for combating urban and asymmetric threats. Solutions incorporate battle-proven WESCAM MX-Series EO/IR imaging technology and operate flawlessly in extreme temperatures, at excessive speed and varying altitudes, and within the harshest environments, including those with intensive dirt, dust and smoke. Rely on L3Harris to dominate all levels of the battlefield, significantly increase platform lethality, vehicle survivability and crew protection.