MISSION & PLATFORMS
An Ideal Solution for: Reconnaissance, Surveillance, Target Acquisition, Ground Combat and Force Protection missions.
Ground Installations: Amphibious, Armored Combat and Reconnaissance Vehicles, including mast-mounted.
Recent Contract: In December 2020, the WESCAM MX-RSTA was chosen to provide long-range reconnaissance, surveillance and target acquisition capabilities for the Swiss Armed Forces’ TASYS program. See “Related News” section below to learn more.
Multi-Sensor Imaging/Lasing Payload Options
- Mid-wave large-format cooled thermal sensor
- Dual-channel EO option, with separate color CMOS and low-light EMCCD cameras
- High-Magnification Spotter for long stand-off operation
- Laser rangefinder
- Near IR laser target marker
Digital Sensors / Advanced Image Processing
- Real-time image enhancement of all sensors / high-performance haze penetration
- Improved feature recognition and ID
- Imaging blending between IR and EO sensors
- Video tracker
- Fully active 4-axis steering and stabilization
- 6 degree-of-freedom internal passive isolator
- Precision large aperture, long focal length optics
- High definition (HD) color sensors
Fully Integrated System for Installation Simplicity
- Integrated electronics
- Built-in vibration and shock isolation
- No external shock isolator
- Optional built-in GPS
- Qualified to U.S. military standards for environmental and electromagnetic compliance
- Ruggedized for both ground and shipboard use
- Reliability assured by accelerated life testing
- Supplementary mud and salt testing
About WESCAM MX-Series Independent Stabilized Sighting Systems
L3Harris offers Reconnaissance, Surveillance and Target Acquisition (RSTA) solutions for today's intense Combat Force-Protection and Hunter-Killer mission profiles. Vehicular and stationary configurations that include mast mounts have been designed with the stabilization levels, passive isolation, and high optical-magnification levels. HD resolution and 360° vantage points enable long-range covert missions while stationary or on-the-move, simultaneously providing wide field-of-view situational awareness for combating urban and asymmetric threats. Solutions incorporate battle-proven WESCAM MX-Series EO/IR imaging technology and operate flawlessly in extreme temperatures, at excessive speed and varying altitudes, and within the harshest environments, including those with intensive dirt, dust and smoke. Rely on L3Harris to dominate all levels of the battlefield, significantly increase vehicle survivability, crew protection and mission success.
WESCAM MX-RSTA Image and Video Gallery
WESCAM MX-Series Systems
Editorial | 07. 26. 2022
L3Harris joins the best of Canadian Industry to discuss Team SkyGuardian®
L3Harris in Hamilton Ontario, recently joined their teammates GA-ASI, MDA and CAE Canada in a conversation with Vanguard Magazine Canada to discuss Team SkyGuardian – the RPAS (Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems) solution for Canada.