The MAS Viewer is an Interactive Electronic Technical Publication (IETP) viewer developed entirely by us. Our programmers designed it with the following in mind:
- Optimization: Optimized user interface for tablet use and touch-based manipulation and navigation.
- Simple to use: Designed with the user in mind to truly reflect how the work is performed in the real world.
- Multi-platform: Runs on Windows®, iOS® and Android®.
- Multi-browser: Runs on browsers such as Internet Explorer, Edge, Firefox, Chrome and Safari.
- Unified user experience: Provides the same interface and user experience on all platforms and all browsers.
- Best practices: Designed and programmed using modern design and programming practices.
- Web technologies: Uses the latest and most accepted web programming languages and technologies (e.g. HTML5, CSS3 and jQuery).
- Integration ready: Implemented so that it can “integrate” with other systems (computerized maintenance management systems, parts ordering systems, etc.).
The MAS Viewer consists of multiple modules entirely developed in-house:
- MAS View is the core of the MAS Viewer. The role of this module is to render or display the technical data on screen. The technical data is HTML5 converted or “published” from the approved for release S1000D XML data.
- MAS Find is the MAS Viewer search engine. It can search within XML, HTML, PDF and even graphic files.
- MAS Intel is an intelligent wiring diagram viewer. It is essentially the MAS Graph “switched” into an intelligent wiring diagram mode. Using its own schema, it provides sheet-to-sheet navigation, wire tracing tools and sustainment across multiple sheets or even systems. Wire tracing sessions can be saved and reloaded at the user’s convenience. It also provides intelligence embedding on raster images. It is very fast and does not require any installation on thin clients.
- MAS Publish is a suite of tools that converts the approved for release XML into HTML, assembles the graphics, prepares all required supporting files and makes everything ready for viewing in the MAS Viewer.
MAS srv: S1000D AUTHORING/VALIDATION TOOLS
Authoring technical content in S1000D compliant XML can be a challenge and is often time consuming. Authors must comply with the S1000D specification pre-defined document structures or schemas and with all project-specific decisions stated in the project business rules (business rules are essentially a permitted tailoring of the specification). This is true for any markup language (SGML, XML, HTML) authoring whether the specification used is S1000D, CALS, or something else. Discover how the MAS srv can ease your life.
Simplifying S1000D authoring with plugins
To simplify the work, we have developed a suite of plugins for the PTC Arbortext XML editor. Named the MAS srv, these plugins:
- Provide authoring functions that significantly speed up repetitive tasks
- Automate the creation of hyperlinked cross-reference tables
- Prevent authors from entering content in locations that are not allowed
- Enter blocks of XML tags used repeatedly and much more
These plugins also provide XML validation tools, which validate one or multiple XML files for compliance to the S1000D specification and, more importantly, to the project specific business rules.
Press release | 02. 01. 2024
L3Harris and EDGE Open New State-of-the-Art Facility in UAE to Support WESCAM MX-Series Customers
L3Harris Technologies, in collaboration with EDGE, the United Arab Emirates’ (UAE) leading advanced technology group for defense, opened a new WESCAM Authorized Service Center (WASC).