L3HARRIS STANDS OUT FOR ITS PRODUCTS AND SERVICES
We are widely recognized for our:
- In-depth knowledge of publication maintenance requirements: from the start-up, to transition, through to the steady-state phase
- In-depth knowledge of requirements management (establishing S1000D business rules, mapping Performance Work Statement (PWS) and functionality matrix requirements)
- Comprehensive experience in designing service-to-service, service-to-tool, tool-to-tool Interface Control Documents (ICDs), and IDE Interface Control Documents (LSAR, MMS—DRMIS/CMMS, LMS)
- Publication service designs that ensure data and software integrity
- IETP structure that supports multi-operating systems, multi-browser, stand-alone and mobile devices, and multiple standards and formats simultaneously, including S1000D issue 4.1
- In-depth knowledge in jointly defining CONOPS with customers
- Sizeable yearly R&D investment resulting in real benefits to our customers. Current work includes the use of augmented reality to improve maintenance efficiency
Our electronic publications are fully integrated with the Defence Resource Management Information System (DRMIS), the system used by the Canadian Armed Forces and contractors to transact the business of supporting operations.
We have a proven history of delivering state-of-the-art electronic publications that reduce maintenance and operating costs and provide increased data availability.
A solid team of technical writers
Our team of technical writers form a powerful combination of former military and commercial aerospace technicians who offer vast experience in electronics, mechanical, and electrical troubleshooting on applicable platforms, and professional technical writers who have extensive education, training, and experience in creating technical documentation.
Our technical writers have proven experience in authoring ATA and S1000D-based publications, and have converted existing legacy publications into S1000D-compliant format. We also have years of experience in producing publications to CALS, AG-006, and other military standards. We have produced material on the following systems:
- Avionics/software/communications/navigation systems
- Structural/mechanical components
- Electrical/electronics/electromechanical systems
- Fuel/hydraulics/power plant
- Pilot and ground crew checklists
- Special tools/ground support equipment
- Armament and weapons systems
- Safety systems
- Electronic warfare systems
- Aircraft battle damage repair
Our team of translators has over 30 years of experience. We have developed extensive terminology databases, translation memories and glossaries to ensure that translations are written efficiently and consistently so that customers receive great value for their money. Our highly rigorous quality checks—by certified or senior translators — ensure that translations are of the highest quality.
Pioneers in introducing the S1000D standard
Our IETM solution is currently being used by over 10,000 users and is deployed on the RCAF Defence Wide Area Network (DWAN) and on-site at three Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs). Average system availability is maintained at an impressive rate of almost 100 percent.
We are now offering a standalone IETP solution for iPads® and other tablets and we have initiated the integration of augmented reality technology as applied to aircraft maintenance.
Press release | 02. 01. 2024
L3Harris and EDGE Open New State-of-the-Art Facility in UAE to Support WESCAM MX-Series Customers
L3Harris Technologies, in collaboration with EDGE, the United Arab Emirates’ (UAE) leading advanced technology group for defense, opened a new WESCAM Authorized Service Center (WASC).